What are the basic questions literary theory asks ?
A work of criticism that considers how English imperialism affected native Indian authors would be an example of_______________?
In “Characters of Shakespeare’s Plays”, what does William Hazlitt mean when he states the following: “We do not like to see our author’s plays acted, and least of all, ’Hamlet’. There is no play that suffers so much in being transferred to the stage” ?
Which of the following offers the best definition of the theatrical concept of a chorus ?
Which of the following poems can be described as a haiku ?
Which of the following are examples of poetic structures ?
Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” can be described as what kind of play ?
Which of the following offers the best definition of a fable ?
Which of the following concepts does Aristotle consider to be the most important element of a Greek tragedy ?
Which of the following assertions would William Wordsworth most likely agree with ?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)