Which of the following does NOT characterize Matthew Arnold’s “Dover Beach” ?
Swinburne’s poems such as “Hermaphroditus” are best known for which of the following ?
Pope’s comment that “Know, then, thyself, presume God not to scan;/The proper study of mankind is man” in his “Essay on Man” is indicative of all of the following EXCEPT______________?
In Linton’s The Girl of the Period, what course of behavior does the author recommend for women ?
Which of the following did NOT contribute to the growth of literacy in the 19thcentury ?
Which of the following political ideas is least related to the Enlightenment ?
For I have learned/To look on nature, not as in the hour/Of thoughtless youth; but hearing oftentimes/The sad, still music of humanity” ?
Which of the following most accurately describes the relationship between Darwin’s On the Origin of Species and Victorian society and its ideals ?
In The Way of the World, Congreve satirizes which of the following ?
Which of the following is NOT a central theme of Wordsworth’s poetry ?
Read More Section(English Literature Mcqs)
Each Section contains maximum 70 questions. To get more questions visit other sections.
- African-American Literature Mcqs - (100)
- Ages, era, period - English Literature Mcqs - (462)
- American Literature Mcqs - (335)
- Cultural & Literary 18th-19th Centuries Mcqs - (98)
- Cultural & Literary English Renaissance Mcqs - (94)
- Cultural & Literary in Modernity Mcqs - (98)
- English Romantic Poetry Mcqs - (99)
- Famous playwright, poet & others Mcqs - (937)
- Introduction to Literary Studies Mcqs - (100)
- Introduction to Literary Theory Mcqs - (22)
- Language & Linguistics Mcqs - (213)
- Literary Theory & Criticism Mcqs - (231)
- Medieval Literature & Culture Mcqs - (196)
- Miscellaneous Literature Mcqs - (323)
- Modern Poetry & Poetics Mcqs - (98)
- The Gothic Novel Mcqs - (99)